Saturday, November 24, 2012

With or without hijab

I get these kind of comments a lot.

"Your head looks big in it."
"You look fat. I mean, you're fat already & you're doubling your size!"
"You look a lot more nicer without it."
"If you don't know how to wear one, then don't wear!"
"You're just covering your acts isn't it?"
"Wearing one doesn't make you good. It just does not."

It? One? I'm talking about head covers, scarves, or as we know it, Hijabs.

I'll admit, I too once an ON / OFF hijabist. Its because I was never ikhlas to cover myself up. It was because I wanted to cover my red-coloured hair, to cover my overly pierced ears or I thought I was never too good for it. I took people's comments too seriously. I was supposed to care of my Pencipta's Do's and Don'ts (suruhan & larangan). Not that I am not aware of Allah's suruhan and larangan. I was too cautious of what people think and might say about me. I was too ashamed of covering myself instead of feeling ashamed of exposing myself. I was taken by perception that "Tak semestinya pakai tudung kau baik, banyak je orang tak pakai tudung tapi perangai lebih baik daripada orang bertudung." And I once told off, "I'll break up with you if you're going to continue to wear tudung and stay ugly like this." That kind of perception and situation. Astaghfirullah.. I was too afraid back then but I realized, we just need to take of ourselves well. Not caring what people might say. They have their own way of expressing themselves, we just have to be wise not to let ourselves fall with what they might throw to us. Sabar dan terus istiqamah. Bukan orang yang perlu kita peduli, bukan pada godaan kita perlu patuh, tapi pada yang Atas, yang paling Agung di atas sana. Allah SWT. Allahuakbar..


1 comment:

k.sara said...

i LOVE this post. =)